Board of Directors
The QUILL Board of Directors for the 2016-2017 year is:
• Tina Rupert, vpi Inc. Walkerton
• Gemma Mendez-Smith, Four County Labour Market Planning Board
• Courtney Brown , The Centres for Employment & Learning of the Avon Maitland District School Board
• Heather MacKenzie-Card, Fanshawe College
There is currently one vacant position on the QUILL Board of Directors. Contact the QUILL office to find out more about volunteering or nominating someone for a position.
QUILL Board Member Job Description
The Board of Directors is the legal authority for Quality in Lifelong Learning (QUILL) Network. As a member of the Board, a Board Member acts in a position of trust for the moral ownership and is responsible for the effective governance of the organization.
• commitment to the work of QUILL Learning Network
• knowledge and skills in Policy Governance Model
• attendance at board and annual meetings
• attendance at annual planning and development retreat
• support of special events, including fund raising
• participating in the development of objectives, annual business plan, annual agenda and strategic priorities of the organization
• monitoring Board Policies
• participating in Standing and Ad Hoc Committees as necessary
• reviewing QUILL’s By-laws and recommend and prepare amendments as necessary
• approving the annual budget
• providing feedback and support to field development and research projects
• approving the hiring, evaluation and annual contract of the Network’s Executive Director
• represent QUILL Learning Network to people with literacy challenges and to agencies that work on their behalf in Bruce, Grey, Huron, Perth, and South Georgian Bay and to represent the same community to QUILL
• listening and responding to the community issues, trends and concerns where they link to people with literacy challenges in the region
Board Members are elected for a two-year term at QUILL’s Annual General meeting. Board Members can serve for more than one term.
Interested individuals can submit a Board Member Profile to the Board of Directors Nominating Committee at any time by using our on-line form here. The Nominating Committee will select individuals that match skill sets needed as a result of any Board vacancies and notify candidates at least 30 days prior to the Annual General Meeting (AGM). The Nominating Committee will present a recommended Slate of Directors to the Board who in turn will present to the membership at the AGM. The membership will have final approval on appointing the Slate of Directors.
For more information or to find out the date of the next general meeting, contact us.