As per the policies of the QUILL Learning Network this grievance policy and process is available for its consumers. If you have any concerns with your treatment by the Network, please feel to follow the process listed below.
1.2 Policy Title: TREATMENT OF CONSUMERS
With respect to interactions with consumers or those applying to be consumers the Executive Director shall not cause or allow conditions, procedures, or decisions which are unsafe, undignified, unnecessarily intrusive, or which fail to provide appropriate confidentiality or privacy.
Accordingly, she or he shall not:
- Use application forms that elicit information for which there is no clear necessity.
- Use methods of collecting, reviewing, transmitting, or storing consumer information that fail to protect against improper access to the material elicited.
- Maintain facilities that fail to provide a reasonable level of privacy, both visual and aural.
- Fail to establish with consumers a clear understanding of what may be expected and what may not be expected from the service offered.
- Fail to inform consumers of this policy, or to provide a grievance process to those who believe they have not been accorded a reasonable interpretation of their rights under this policy.
- Fail to have privacy policies in place that reflect the Privacy Act and address issues of collecting information and confidentiality
Chair of QUILL Learning Network – Tina Rupert
Phone: 519-881-4900 Email: TinaRupert@vpi-inc.com
Staff are to direct any grievances to the Executive Director.
|Executive Director||If the grievance concerns a staff member, the Executive Director speaks to the consumer and tries to rectify the situation within 7 business days. Executive Director reports the grievance to the Board of Directors.||7 business days|
|Board of Directors||If the situation is not rectified, the Executive Director will ask the consumer to submit their grievance in writing to the Board of Directors. The Board will have 30 business days from receipt of the grievance to resolve the issue.||30 business days|
|Board of Directors||If the grievance concerns the Executive Director, the Executive Director will inform the Chair of the Board of Directors upon receipt of the grievance, whether it be verbally or written. The Chair of the Board will acknowledge receipt of the grievance within 7 days.||7 business days|
|Board of Directors||
Board of Directors will have 30 business days from receipt of the grievance to resolve the issue.
|30 business days|
|Notification of Policy||
QUILL Learning Network will post the grievance policy and the name and contact information of the Chair of the Board of Directors on the QUILL website.