QUILL (Quality In Lifelong Learning) Learning Network is one of 16 regional literacy networks in Ontario funded by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development.
QUILL is located in Walkerton and serves the counties of Bruce, Grey, Huron, Perth, and South Georgian Bay.
QUILL supports Literacy and Basic Skills (LBS) programs that deliver free upgrading opportunities for adults who are:
- 19 years old or over
- out of school
- want to upgrade their essential skills for
- further education, getting a high school diploma, GED or getting ready for post secondary
QUILL is a non-profit, charitable organization and can issue tax receipts for donations received over $10.
QUILL is funded to work with Literacy and Basic Skills (LBS) agencies to:
- develop a plan that makes sure there is enough programming for adults in the QUILL region that is flexible & appropriate
- provide support, training and resources to LBS staff, volunteers and adult learners
- act as an information broker about government and other literacy initiatives available
- provide public education about literacy awareness and services in the region
- provide information and referral services about literacy and upgrading programs in the region
- participate and manage literacy research and development projects that help further the field of literacy locally, regionally and provincially